Thursday, May 9, 2013

The joys of packing

We're closing in on the trip... And I'm still living in Wilmington! This is very stressful because I have to move out on Sunday, drive home to New Jersey then I'll have Monday through Wednesday to prepare for Costa Rica and then I leave on Thursday to fly to Durham to meet my friend and tripmate Kristen AND THEN drive to Myrtle Beach and finally fly to CR.  I have so much to get done in a very short amount of time so thank goodness for my parents and family members who have been graciously helping me get what I need to live in CR!  I think most of us dread packing, and trust me, I am procrastinating trying to fit 3.5 weeks of stuff in ONE small duffle bag and a backpack.  Yes, that's right... One bag and one backpack.  Now, coming from someone who packs a month worth of clothes for a weekend stay, I'm going to need serious help with my over-packing problems!!

We have been given a list of items to bring with us and that has helped out tremendously! There are some things I would never have thought to bring with me!! A few big items that I had to purchase was a nice backpack, and multi-purpose sandals.  We were advised to bring clothes that are lightweight and things that will dry quickly because it is rainy season and they do not have dryers so everything will drip dry outside. I invested in a nice poncho style rain jacket for those pouring afternoons I hear so much about :)

My mom has put together a first aid, medicine and supply kit for me which will definitely come in handy throughout the trip!  Now all I have to do is fit everything in my bag!! Wish me luck!

Ill post again on Thursday before my flight departs and then again when I land in Costa Rica with pictures!!

xoxoxo
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment