Tuesday, May 21, 2013

PURA VIDA-PURE LIFE


If I could describe Costa Rica in two words “Pura vida” would be the answer.  It is the most commonly used phrase in CR, which literally means “Pure life”, but the saying goes beyond its simple translation: it’s a way of life. It symbolizes the idea of simply enjoying life and being happy. It’s a synonym of “hakuna matata” and reflects the relaxed lifestyle of Costa Ricans.
Do we have a national slogan that is used daily in the US? In Costa Rica you can walk down the street and everyone will say "PURA VIDA!!" To you.  It brings a smile to my face every time I say or hear it around school & town.  It came be used instead of saying hello, goodbye, thank you etc...
If We could chose a slogan for the United Sates I wonder what is would be?? 

1 comment:

  1. Woah sorry for spelling errors, not easy typing on my ipad!!

    ReplyDelete